What you'll need...
- embroidery thread in two colors of your choice
- a section of your hair
Let's get started!
1. Gather a small section of hair where you want the wrap to be. I chose to put it towards the front, but you can place it in the back as well, where it's not as noticeable. Regardless, the section should be fairly small.
2. Tightly braid the hair.
3. Knot the first color towards the top of the braid.
4. Tightly wrap the thread around your hair. Make sure to watch for gaps and push up accordingly (I should have done a better job of watching out, hah). When you run out of the first color, knot the second one to it and continue wrapping.
5. Wrap until the end of your hair, then knot it and cut off any extra thread hanging out.
6. All done!
This is such a sweet style to play around with! I haven't had more than two wraps in at the same time, but it would be so fun to have five or six in. Just be sure not to brush the wraps, as it will cause them to loosen, tangle, and fall out. Enjoy your new summer look!