5.31.2012

big yellow taxi



(featuring two of Joni Mitchell's versions and three covers)
If I were to curate a list of my favourite Joni Mitchell songs, Big Yellow Taxi wouldn't ordinarily take top spot. I much prefer the story of Cactus Tree, or singing along to California, or feeling heartbroken to A Case Of You.
But on a day like today, Big Yellow Taxi is what I needed. There's a deeper political and environmental meaning to it but when I listen to it, there is also just a message of, "go outside."
Switch off the computer. Step away from distractions. Spend time in a forest or a field or an ocean.
Take notice of the natural beauty all around us, and appreciate it.Care for this planet, and spend time in it too.
And don't just listen to songs about it--go and live it.
Somehow, this song means more to me the more I listen to it.I've played this playlist over and over several times now, and the more I listen, the more I want to step offline this weekend. It's a four-day bank holiday and I have already promised myself that I will take that time off from internet happenings and instead pour my energy and time into appreciating summer.
Do you have a song like this? Let us know!

xx
Libby

2 comments:

  1. I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written
    by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble.
    You are wonderful! Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my web blog meantal health

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the admin of this web site is really working hard in favor of his web site, for the reason that
    here every information is quality based stuff.

    Also visit my web blog - gohima.com

    ReplyDelete