2.19.2012

disneyworld's epcot.

Traveling has a certain appeal to the dreamer in all of us. In reality, it is somewhat difficult to take a plane to another continent or a train to another country or state. Sometimes life gets in the way.
If you're traveling to Disneyworld in Florida and would much rather be visiting France or Germany, make sure to stop by Epcot. Epcot is a park that celebrates many different countries throughout the world, creating replicas of many famous places and monuments. These “countries” in Epcot are just a short walk from one another. You can sample cultural foods and watch street performers. If you love shopping, there are a few places in each country to find unique items.
A couple of favorites for Fernweh readers include…
    The Tea Caddy (United Kingdom Pavilion)

    The Model Village (Germany Pavilion)

    Italian Street Performers (Italy Pavilion)

    Ferry Boat Ride (Center of Park)

    Illuminations (Fireworks Show)

If you get the chance to go, those are just a couple of attractions to enjoy. Epcot offers so much more, and is enjoyable for the entire family. If you're going, here are a couple of things to keep in mind.
    For photographers, make sure and take a zoom lens. I was thankful that I brought my 55-200mm lens to shoot during the daytime. (Fireworks are best shot with a regular lens - I used my 18-55mm.)
    Don't try and see everything in one day. If you are taking your time in Epcot, you might consider setting aside two days to truly enjoy it all.
    If you're not a fan of scary or fast rides, definitely go to Epcot. I highly recommend the Spaceship Earth ride. 
Bio: Amanda is a writer and photographer from the East Coast.  She is preparing for a career in journalism after she graduates this spring. Her ramblings and photography may be found on her blog, Farmgirl Writes.

17 comments:

  1. I adore Epcot! :) We've been to WDW twice, and last time we were able to take two days for Epcot, which was so nice.

    Epcot is the closest thing to Europe that I've been able to experience so far. I love the UK and France pavilions the most, I think. I love the little shop in the UK one with all of the Alice, Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins, etc. merchandise. And I love the street performers in France with the stack of chairs. :)

    And the cheddar cheese soup in Le Cellier (Canada pavilion) = best stuff ever.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fireworks shot is epic! Great post, Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love epcot. My uncle is actually a head chef in "Norway" epcot. So it's pretty awesome going behind the scenes and watching him work. :)

    Have a lovely day! xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Disneyworld, but I've been to Disneyland. This looks fun =)

    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. never been to disneyworld! if i ever go i'll make sure to go to epcot, though. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Epcot looks amazing! Love the post Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Epcot and have been there 3 times. Some of the pictures were quite familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Epcot is awesome! When we went do Disney World last year, I honestly didn't think it would be all that exciting...boy was I wrong. The fireworks? Beyond amazing.

    Oh and I told my parents about the little girl + your mother's pant leg...they thought that was hilarious! {Though I would pass out...no joke}.

    Great post, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool post! I'm going to disney when school gets out this summer. :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post Amanda! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the tea caddy is my favorite (obviously). great post! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. these photos are really amazing! i really want to go : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I'm not one who wants to go to Disney World, but you make it look wonderful. In a way, I'd like to go now... :)

    xoxo
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed that are profile photos are showing up now! Thanks SO much to whoever fixed that!!

      Delete
  14. seems like i am the only one who hasn't gone to Epcot! i guess i'll have to fix that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, beautiful photos and words Amanda. I'm itching for my moment to visit Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to Disney World this summer. I'm definitely looking forward to Epcot.

    ReplyDelete