2.16.2012

a match made in heaven


Peanut butter and chocolate are, hands down, my favorite food combination ever. Even more than butter and bread or olive oil and vinegar. They just win. So when my grandma gifted us with this truly magical Magic Bullet blender a few years ago, I knew what had to happen. And thus, this smoothie was created. Add in the bananas and it's practically healthy for you! Think of it as a milkshake for people without ice cream. It's not quite to the milkshake level, but it's definitely delicious.


chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie

Ingredients:
1 packet of Carnation Breakfast Essentials Chocolate Milk (I haven't tried it but I assume that any other chocolate powder would work the same)
1/2 of a frozen banana, chopped
peanut butter
ice cubes
milk

Instructions:
I use a Magic Bullet blender and it works perfectly for this. Pour a packet of the chocolate powder and the frozen bananas in a blender. Add two spoonfuls of peanut butter, three ice cubes, and fill about halfway with milk (about 3/4 cup). Blend it until smooth, then enjoy!

Note: This is one of those recipes that you have to fiddle with for a while, because a lot of it depends on personal taste. For instance, if you're like my sister and don't care for bananas, leave them out. If you don't want as much peanut butter, put less in. If you want a stronger flavor overall, add less milk, and vice versa.


Yes, definitely a match made in heaven.

Kendall

10 comments:

  1. um, can you say 'yum'?! going to try this right now... mmmm...

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! Have to try this!! Thanks SO much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making smoothies. My mom bought me a Magic Bullet for Christmas and I *love* it! :) Thanks for sharing your smoothie recipe!

    ~Keaghan

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds so good! my mom looked at me like I was crazy when I concocted a peanut butter frappucinno, but it was delicious! Aren't magic bullet's the best?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blast from the past...I used to have these every Thursday (the day we had to get up early & volunteer) and after months of drinking them I swore I would never sip a chunk of banana through a straw again. Now I'm craving one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm not really a peanut butter person, but this looks really good! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM. this looks so amazing. I've actually tried it before but the pictures are making me crave to do it again. :)

    xo, Lissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds overall YUM :)

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom makes this on very special occasions, and it's my favorite smoothie, hands down. She uses chocolate soy milk and crunchy peanut butter and it's heavenly! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness! this sounds sooo good! I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate! Its my favorite! But peanut butter and bananas are really good to! And peanut butter, honey and tortillas. And well just anything with peanut butter! :)

    In Christ
    Hosanna

    ReplyDelete