2.01.2012

those quiet moments

You know those times where there's commotion going on around you, but you don't want to participate in it? You're perfectly fine with sitting in the backseat of the car alone, with just your thoughts for company, and absentmindedly humming along with the radio? Yeah, I had one of those moments not too long ago. I like them. I hadn't had one in forever, so I absolutely loved it.

For me, these moments are rare. They're different than "off in your own little world moments." They're more meaningful, and leave you feeling content. They're relaxing, comforting, and enjoyable. You're not daydreaming your life away.
Another example of these moments is when you wake up in the morning. Not wanting to leave your warm cocoon of covers, you simply lie there, observing every moment of peace until you come back to the harsh reality that you must get up and do school.

Or how about walking around say, a campsite, and you see a little scene that's picture perfect. And so you photograph it, feeling slightly nostalgic and whimsical, though you don't know why. It just happens, but strangely, you're okay with that.


I'm really loving these moments, and I'm getting them more often. I hope I never take them for granted! Have you ever had one of these quiet moments? :) Thanks for reading!
Abby

today's post was a guest post; thank you Abby for sharing your words and photos here. lovely, no?

13 comments:

  1. loved the second photo! too cute, i'm jealous.
    i so agree about quiet moments. i haven't had them in awhile, but when i do, i cherish them. beautiful post :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.

    My favorite is the one about waking up in the morning. I must admit, I often have trouble motivating myself to do school :)

    Lovelovelove,

    Abbie /// XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. I feed off of them. And the last picture? Makes me so eager for this snow to melt and have greenery again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this :D. Can totally relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm I love quite moments! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps yes, i need more quiet moments. thanks for reminding me to participate in them often -- we all need that quiet time - for ourselves and God.

    xoxo Acacia
    visit me! p-o-n-d-e-r-i-n-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kind of moments are THEE absolute best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must agree, stealing is sad:( I made an inspiration page a little while back, and I used a couple pictures from this blog. Do you mind if I publish the inspiration box on my blog if I note the picture back to you? You can email me here: creative.art.new.england@gmail.com --- Thanks for taking the time to answer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pictures! and I love your (?) bedroom! :) lovely guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pictures :) and I love those moments too!

    sam*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and pictures, Abby! :]

    ReplyDelete