2.02.2012

a pretty little heart garland

It seems that February has made its arrival...let the reds and pinks and hearts and cupid's arrows and mushy valentine's things commence! But it's rather fun to get caught up in it all, don't you think? Here's a little tutorial for a heart garland to get you into the valentine's mood.



heart garland

what you'll need

-paint chips (available at any home improvement or paint store)
-book pages/newspaper
-scissors
-tape
-pencil
-thread



directions

1. Trace hearts on the paint chips and book pages -- I cut out one I liked, then used it as a template for the others.

2. Cut out hearts -- I had about thirty.

3. Tape or glue hearts onto the thread.

4. Hang wherever you'd like to spread valentine's cheer!




This is a super easy sweet project to brighten up any part of your home...it's perfect to do while watching a movie (or in my case, Downton Abbey. so in love!).

Enjoy!

much love,
carlotta

17 comments:

  1. Oh my, I LOVE Downton Abbey! I just started watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. downton abbey is the best. i don't know what i would do without it!
    lovely craft! i'm not really much for valentine's day, but i think i'll take this one up :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'll definitely be doing this in my room <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love too ;) I can't wait to try this!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are dreamy.
    And I swear, I'm the only girl in England who hasn't watched Downton Abbey. I guess I should remedy that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it! Love all the things you can do with paint chips. And these are so cheerful and bright! And my dad ordered Downtown Abbey for us (um, slightly surprised, his idea. who would have thought?), it arrived today and we're watching this weekend. Can't wait to start, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! My sister and I are definetly going to do this and hang them on our bedroom door.(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Too bad I can't really multi-task when watching TV... I'd probably end up cutting my finger instead, or missing parts of the dialogue, which drives me crazy.
    And yes, Downton Abbey is my newest obsession. It makes the end of the weekend something to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm making that! We are building a new house, so there are paint chips all over the house right now, which is rather opportune, no? :)

    ~Nessima
    of Arda Nessimava

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eep! That is just too cute! This would make an awesome Valentine's gift to anyone!

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! I LOVE Downton Abbey! Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty pretty. but what got me most was Downton Abbey--ohh, my favorite. (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is way too cute!!! I needed something for my sister and I's bedroom...this is perfect :) Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cute idea! i bet a lot of people will be using this for this valentine's day : )

    ReplyDelete