2.06.2012

truffles

I really love chocolate. I'm not a huge fan of other kinds of sugary sweet treats...but chocolate I always have room for. I like cream and coffee too. And when it's all combined in a little sphere, it's like biting into a bit of heaven.






truffles

ingredients

-8 ounces (one cup) good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
-1 to 2 teaspoons ground coffee
-2 tablespoons nutella
-cocoa powder

to make

In a small, heavy sauce pan, bring cream to a simmer. Place chocolate, nutella, and coffee in a separate bowl and pour cream in. Let sit a few minutes, then combine. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for at least two hours. Using a teaspoon, quickly roll the chocolate into spheres and place onto tray. Be sure not to handle the mixture too much, as it will melt from the heat of your hands. Refrigerate overnight, then roll truffles into cocoa powder. Serve!

note: things can get kind of messy while making truffles. so no, they might not always be the prettiest, but they most definitely make it up in taste!


much love,
carlotta

18 comments:

  1. oh.my.goodness. i need to make these!

    abbie // XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! i bet these would be good with white chocolate too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's nutella in this? wow. i never expected that. great post :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these. I might just have to make some. :) Great post.

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! I think I might just need to try them ;)
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh... truffles? truly scrumptious carlotta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmm! I am not a good cook, but my sister would be able to do these! lovely, lovely pictures carlotta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, I think I'll snatch those off my computer screen. :) I'm too impatient to go make some for myself right now.

    xoxo,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look and sound aaamazing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh help. I am now faced with a decision 'to bake or not to bake.' These looks truly scrumptious... they look irresistible.

    Off I go.

    xoxo Acacia
    p-o-n-d-e-r-i-n-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omnomnom! :D Want some, now... Lol, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh! How could you do this to me?! Now, I have not even had breakfast and I am baking these. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. messiness in the prep automatically makes the end result worth it. esp if there is chocolate invovled!
    lovely photography, friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. Please don't tempt me with this beautiful chocolate.
    They look absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM! you tempt me too much with your delicious looking food posts, carlotta : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my. It looks absolutely divine.

    ReplyDelete